Philosophy for Special Education
The Delano Public School community is dedicated to meeting the educational needs and challenging the abilities of each individual. Through the mutual teaching-learning process, all students can master essential basic skills for his/her ability level in appropriate programs of study and demonstrate increased responsibility in personal decisions and social interaction in preparation for community living.
Goal of Special Education
“To ensure that all students with differing abilities get proper services as determined by a partnership of parents, regular education teachers and special educators to meet their needs in the most appropriate setting.”
Special Education Staff
- Coordinator: Angie Lauderbaugh (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Administrative Assistant: Mellythia Tierney (email@example.com)
- Special Education Evaluation Team
- School psychologist: Julie Fanfulik (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Evaluation teacher: Tammy Mathiowetz (email@example.com)
- Evaluation teacher: Caitlin Pekuri (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Evaluation teacher: Ginny Schuelke (email@example.com)
- Early Childhood Special Education
- Delano Elementary School
- Delano Intermediate School
- Delano High School
If you suspect your child has a disability that is impacting them educationally and would like to make a special education evaluation referral or if you have questions about the evaluation process, please contact your building administrator or Angie Lauderbaugh, Delano Special Education Coordinator.
763-972-3365 ext. 1908
Meeker and Wright Special Education Cooperative
In addition to the special education team at Delano Public Schools, our district and students receive additional special education leadership, support and services from the Meeker and Wright Special Education Cooperative (MAWSECO). Through cooperation with MAWSECO and its member districts, our schools are able to provide educational opportunities for students in an efficient and effective manner.
MAWSECO provides a number of special education and related services on behalf of its member districts including: Assistive Technology consultation, Autism Resource Team, Behavior Analysts, Braillist, Early Childhood Special Education Part C (Birth-2) services, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Consultation for Other Health Disabilities and Physical Disabilities, Orientation & Mobility Services, Speech-Language Therapy, Teachers of the Blind/Visually Impaired, Teachers of the Deaf/Hard of Hearing, School Psychologists, and leadership from the Special Education Director and Coordinators.
In addition to special education leadership, support, and services provided for its member districts, MAWSECO operates nine alternative programs on behalf of its members including: elementary, mid-level, and secondary Federal Setting IV special education programs, a secondary transition program for students ages 18-21, and operates educational programs at four residential care and treatment facilities.
- Meeker and Wright Special Education Cooperative Total Special Education Systems (TSES)
- Fiscal Compliance Procedures Manual
- Memo regarding Special Education Services for Nonpublic Students
Delano Public School's Restrictive Procedure Plan is available for review by contacting Angela Lauderbaugh at 763.972.3365, ext. 1908.