- Delano Elementary School was one of six Minnesota schools that received the Minnesota School of Excellence Award in 2008 from the Minnesota Elementary School Principals Association.
- Delano Middle School has been awarded the National Blue Ribbon School Award for educational excellence by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Delano High School was awarded the National Blue Ribbon School Award for 2009, one of six high schools in Minnesota to receive the award.
- Delano High School has also been awarded the Minnesota Academic Excellence Foundation School Spotlight Award, National Model School Award, and is a Five Star School in Math and Reading.
- All Delano Schools demonstrate excellence by consistently exceeding state standards in reading, math, science and writing.
- Delano High School ACT scores consistently exceed the state average while the State of Minnesota ranks first in the nation in ACT test scores. In 2010 the average composite ACT score for Delano students was 24.2 compared to the state average of 22.9.
|School||Reading||Math||Cost Per Pupil|
- Delano High School has a reputation of producing a high number of National Merit Scholars.
- Delano High School offers a variety of Advanced Placement and College in the Schools classes which prepare students for a successful post secondary education.
- Our Talent Development Program caters to talented students whose learning characteristics require differentiated educational experiences.
- Our Community Education Program offers opportunities for pre-school through adult. Click here for video orientation.
School Board Meeting Dates for 2012-13 (meetings begin at 7:00p)
January 28 at Delano City Hall
February 25 at Delano City Hall
March 18 at Delano City Hall
April 22 at Delano City Hall
May 20 at Delano Public School
June 24 at Delano City Hall
July 22 at Delano City Hall
August 26 at Delano City Hall
September 24 at Delano City Hall
October 22 at Delano City Hall
November 26 at Delano City Hall
December 17 at Delano Public School
Meetings held at Delano City Hall are broadcast live over Delano Cable Channel 12 and re-broadcast at various times. Meetings held at other sites may or may not be re-broadcast later.
Some favorite websites:
Expenditure Comparisons FY10
Schools for Equity in Education (SEE) is an advocacy group that the school
district belongs to that lobbies for adequate and equitable school funding.Parents United is an organization of parents that advocates for school funding.Career Voyages, a great career exploration website.
Application for open position on school board
Matthew W. Schoen, Ed.S., Superintendent
Delano Public Schools #879
700 Elm Ave East
Delano, Mn 55328
763.972.3365 Ext. 2111