Family and Consumer Sciences (FACS)
Teacher: Carol Johnson
Classrooms: Room H141 and Room H141
Phone: 763-972-3365, Ext 3402
All Middle School Classes instructed by Ms. Johnson will be located in Room H142 of the Middle School. Child Development: Quarters 1 and 3
Advanced Foods: Quarters 2 and 4
Syllabus and Classroom Expectations:
1) ABSOLUTELY NO TALKING WHEN TEACHER IS TALKING. You cannot listen effectively if there is a lot of extra talking going on. Listening is hard work.
2) Be seated in assigned seats with assignments out when second bell rings.
3) NO PASSES. No passes to lavatory, locker, or water fountain. Emergencies will be dealt with one at a time.
4) You are required to have a FOLDER specially for FACS classes. This will keep all hand outs and notes organized. Bring your textbook, folder, writing tool, and paper to class EVERY DAY.
5) Pencils will be sharpened before the second bell rings.
6) Books will have to be covered. Any damages inflicted on the book will be the responsibility of the book's handler/owner.
7) No Candy or Gum in class. Any person seen with it will have it confiscated.
8) You will be working with expensive equipment in FACS Classes. You will be expected to pay for any damages due to your careless use of the equipment. Mrs. CJ will determine if you have misused any equipment.
9) GRADING IS AS FOLLOWS:
Daily Work 5 pts. each 90% pts = A
Tests are about 30 pts. each 80% pts = B
Final Test is about 100 pts 60% pts = D
10) All students receive mid-term notices. The grades are yours. The teacher just keeps track of them. A mid-term failure slip will be sent to your residence if you are working and studying hard enough to earn only a "D" or and "F". Late assignments will be reported.
11) Students are to REMAIN IN THEIR SEATS UNTIL MRS. JOHNSON- THE
12) At home assignments are requirement of class not an option. Expect pop quizzes!