I am looking forward to the start of my 2nd year as Delano Middle School's Assistant Principal. When you are at a certain place in your life or career, you often reflect back on the path that lead you to where you are now. My career path is as follows:
- Grew up in Hastings, Minnesota and graduated from Hasting Senior High School in 1997.
- Attended and graduated with a B.S. degree in Physical Science (Physics and Chemistry) Teaching in December of 2001.
- Began my teaching career in January of 2002 at Hastings Senior High School. I taught Physical Science 9, Chemistry 11, and a Biology 10 course throughout my 6.5 year at Hastings.
- Earned my Master's Degree in Educational Administration in 2005 from Saint Mary's University of Minnesota - Twin Cities.
- Earned my K-12 Principal Licensure in October of 2007.
- Accepted a position with the Delano Public School system in 2008 as their district Activities Director and held that position for 2 years.
- Accepted the Middle School Assistant Principal Position for the 2010 - 2011 school year.
I have always believed that education is so important I chose a career that is engulfed in the school setting to work with kids, and to help them realize why education is so important and to help them realize their full potential as students.
I cannot wait to see the successes our students have, as well as the way they learn from the challenges that are presented to them throughout the year. Challenges that occure inside the classroom, in the hallways/lunchroom, and outside of our building walls!